My family sessions focus on photographing your family with documentary-style portraits and are for growing immediate families and motherhood. Our time together is not formal and posed but instead we capture all the spontaneity and emotions together. And photograph the love and intimate bond of your family! My style is to gently guide you through the entire session while inspiring you to naturally interact with one another. And my goal is to capture all the tiny moments, the spontaneous moments, and everything in between!
“Working with Dawn is instantly comfortable and no matter how awkward you think you are in photos, she puts you at ease and you hardly feel like you’re at a photo shoot. She captured our disinterested dog and our 3.5 year old perfectly, with everyone looking great in so many of the shots.” Samantha K.
Lifestyle family sessions
- Two-hour portrait session.
- Sessions take place in your home or at a favorite location.
- Includes your complete collection of high resolution images delivered via online gallery.
- Shootproof online gallery with ordering and sharing rights.
- Wardrobe and styling assistance.
- Travel costs may be extra if session occurs outside of Asheville city limits.
- A deposit is required to hold your spot! Final payment must be paid 1 week before the session.
Recent Family Sessions
Get inspired by the possibilities
Mini-Family Sessions! All last year when we were dealing with the pandemic and quarantined, families and homes became ever more important. For me, documenting families all across Chicagoland was not only a way to get out of my home and start photographing again but...
Salvage One Family Session! For me, family sessions are a way to keep in touch with my past clients and to see their beautiful lives. I can't tell you how much fun it is to watch all my past wedding couples' grow into families of kids and pets alike. And on another...
Evanston Fall Family Session I am starting to do more family sessions here in Chicago, and absolutely love photographing my past wedding clients with their new families. One of my wedding couples, Elise and Mikey, had their gorgeous wedding in Lake Geneva a few years...